Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 2001 Monaco Signature General and we are having some

Customer Question

We have a 2001 Monaco Signature General and we are having some kind of electrical or ground wire issue. We have lost power to our headlights, stereo, power window shade, navigation, ceiling lights over front seats and our back bedroom slide. We are trying to figure out what it could be. Do you have any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
To me it sounds like you have a blown fuse, tripped breaker or wiring harness issue.
To start I would advise to get a 12 volt test light, it is really going to help. Go outside and check all the fuses in the front run box which should be in front of the front wheel. Turn the ignition ON and probe each fuse with the test light. Next go to the rear engine compartment and look for a tripped breaker inside the boxes. The breaker will have two posts on it, check for power on each post, so the clip on the test light will go to chassis ground and probe each post, the voltage should be the same.
I would also look for any plug connectors, sometimes they will bundle a bunch of 12 volt wires and have a male and female plug that plugs together, sometimes they can vibrate loose or get corroded, you might have to follow that harness into the dash area/
A 12 volt test light is going to allow you to see where you have power and where it is missing and I would start with the outside fuse electrical boxes... Hope this helps some... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I do not do phone calls. You are allowed to follow up here as much as needed. I only get credit when you select a rating, but my goal is for you to be satisfied. IF you want to check things out and get back to me that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well you haven't told me anything that I already didn't know and I have already done the things that you have suggested so
I don't know how you have helped me. If I have a question that you may be able to answer I will get back to you and give you a rating then.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
That sounds good, If I have more ideas for you I will let you know.... Robert