Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a brand new Rockwood travel trailer. The Dometic fridge

Customer Question

I have a brand new Rockwood travel trailer. The Dometic fridge does not come on, and when I try to start it under shore power, I get three flashing error lights where the temperature setting is. If I try to switch over to LP, then the LP light flashes in time with the other three lights.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Go to the back of the fridge and remove the access panel, on most Dometics they will have power and ground going to a terminal block and then to the circuit board, disconnect the DC wires for about 10 mins and then hook them back up and see if the fault is gone. IF that does not work please get me the model number which should be on a sticker located inside the door... Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That did not work. I removed the panel and did as you instructed. After at least 10 min., I reconnected the wires and the fridge gave me the same error lights. Per your request, a photo of the sticker with the model number is *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is a picture of the LED lights from the front of the fridge. If the mode is set to LP, then the LP light flashes on and off with the temp set lights. If AU is selected, the AU light stays on and the LP and temp set lights flash on and off.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
OK
Sorry for the delay, I am on PST time...
Are you plugged into AC power and getting these codes? In Auto the fridge should want to work on AC power. IF you loose AC power it should want to switch over to LP until the AC power is restored....
Robert