gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Why would the solenoid on the hydraulics click when the button

Customer Question

Why would the solenoid on the hydraulics click when the button is pushed, but the pump does not run, thus sliders and levelers do not work?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the solenoid can click as its receiving the signal from the switch, yet not send power thru it as it has an internal contact that can become fouled. The motor/tank and solenoid are all mounted togeather, so some testing needs to be done to see whats happening . test light or voltmeter is necessary, do you have either of these? thanks......Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not near the RV right now. I will take a reading when I get to where the RV is. Thanks
thanks for responding, see if power is passed thru the solenoid, and onto the motor, ck all connections while you are there, thanks, ***** ***** await your reply.......Michael
good morning, hav'nt heard from you for a bit, wondering how your making out... thanks Michael