Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2003 American eagle 42f and last time out camping

Customer Question

I have a 2003 American eagle 42f and last time out camping lost 12 volt system in camper, where would I start looking for issue
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Near the entry step or above the entry step do you have a house disconnect switch? IF so and you hit that switch do you hear a click each time?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I have pushed this button several times with nothing happening.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
When you hit that switch it should trigger a solenoid and allow power into the RV. Go to the house battery and follow the cables to the solenoid. The solenoid will have two larger posts on it, check for power on each side, if you only have power on one side then get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if power comes on, if so bad solenoid. Sometimes they can stick and tapping on it might also help. As you are following the cable to the solenoid make sure no breakers are on the cable and are tripped. Also make sure you have good battery voltage at the batteries, if so and you are missing all the DC house voltage good chance the solenoid is at fault. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will check this out in morning
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, I am around daily and respond when I can...
Robert