Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I bought a 2007 38 ' Serria Forest River. 5th wheel. I

Customer Question

I bought a 2007 38 ' Serria Forest River.
5th wheel.
I am wanting to change all the gaskets on the 4 slide outs.
The gasket that is located on the out side of the slide out that seals the slide out to the rv
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
What is your concern with replacing the gaskets?
Do the gaskets have a stick back OR do they have a metal channel that grips the flange? (The metal would be inside the gasket)
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it was a stick on type but they are old and not sticking and appear to be weathered.
I am thinking to replace them all. I had water damage and changed out the wood foam and interior wood. I was able to save the rubber roofing and work from the inside. But the gasket was not forming a seal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The question is are these unit pacific and where is the best place to buy them.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
The key with doing this is the flange has to be really clean for the new seal to stick. Normally I will use 3m adhesive cleaner and get the surface smooth and clean.
On some they will do one continuous piece all the way around so you want to see how the corners are. On others you run the side piece, cut it at a 45 and then do the same to the top and then glue the corners together. You want to make sure the seal is touching the slide room.
The other obstacle is going to be if you have any awnings, normally to get to the top seals you have to pin the awnings so the tension does not come off and then remove the mounting hardware and set the awning on the roof.
IF you need a source for seals please let me know...
I got your reply after typing that out. I would try Pelland, below is a link for you, copy and paste that into your browser. IF you do not see your seal I would contact them direct...
Link....
http://www.pellandent.com/RV_Products_List.aspx?CategoryID=278