Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Keystone Cougar 27RKS and Im having problems with

Customer Question

i have a Keystone Cougar 27RKS and Im having problems with the ac unit the thermostat keeps giving me a E1, I reset the breaker and none of the fuses are blown any help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
The E-1 code is a communication fault between the thermostat and the control board inside the AC unit, it sounds like it is clearing when you take away power but then coming back. I would also try to disconnect the batteries as well. The 12 volt supply and AC voltage should be removed when this code comes up. With it coming back then there might not be much you can do as it sounds like a component failure. I would try to find a shop that has a test thermostat to try and narrow things down. I see this is a 2013 and that AC unit might have a 2 year warranty, something to ask the shop... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert