Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Started my coach this morning and dash said Stop Engine. ?

Customer Question

Started my coach this morning and dash said Stop Engine. ????????
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
What is the Make, Model and Year of the RV? What engine or chassis do you have? The more detailed info you can provide the better we can assist you... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 coachman cross country se
Cummings 300 hp turbo
Freighliner chassis
Allison 5 trans
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
The stop engine light means there is a major fault occuring and the engine will go into limp mode to protect it's self. The stop engine light can come on for many different reasons. Make sure that the coolant and oil levels are good, if they were low it could cause the light to come on. Make sure you also have good chassis battery voltage, I might also disconnect the battery cables for a few mins and see if the code will reset. Beyond that this is going to require a shop or mobile service to hook up to the data port with the Cummins Insite software to see what codes are active. Anytime a check, stop engine light comes on it will store a code. having the codes pulled takes the guess work out and saves time and money at what the issue could be... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert