Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a FEMA cavalier camper. I hooked up the freshwater line

Customer Question

I have a FEMA cavalier camper. I hooked up the freshwater line and there is no water anywhere. I open and closed all valve. Only have bubbles and very slow fill in toilet. I took spring out of freshwater connection. The water hose is pressurized. Can you help me?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
A few things I would look at and try...
To start I would go to each water fixture and unscrew the end and make sure the screens are not plugged up with debris, all the faucets should have the screens in them with some flow in the toilet it appears the water is flowing some. I would also find the water heater and check the back of it to make sure it does not have a bypass valve, I am not sure if the FEMA units have them, they are normally opposite of the outside access panel and many times you have to go inside and remove a panel or drawer to access. Many times you will have a cold, hot and bypass. The hot anc cold should be open, valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closes, valve handle against the pipe.
I might also get a blow out plug and screw it into the city water connector, open the faucets and apply about 40 psi of air to see if you get good flow, if so I would replace the city water connector.
Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating... Robert