Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2015 Voltage 3605 The bedroom unit is a Dometic #B57915.711

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Voltage 3605
The bedroom unit is a Dometic #B57915.711 JO that puts out moderatly cold air and is a little noisier than expected. I met a friend who has a 2012 Voltage and his A/C puts out 3x the cold air and is quieter. His unit is more flush with the ceiling than mine, but that shouldn't make a difference ? I am scheduled to go to an RV shop in VA next week. I have not broken into this unit to investigate. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Being a 2015 it is very smart having it looked at under warranty. I would first check the mounting bolts that holds the AC down to the roof, they should get torqued to around 13' lbs (not ft lbs) if they were loose then the unit might run a light louder plus if the gasket was loose it could allow warm air in and that would not help the efficiency. I would also pull down the inside plastic cover and inspect the ducting, make sure the ducting has no air leaks, the shop should check that and also pull the shroud on the roof and make sure everything is clean. Normally you are looking for a 20 degree difference from what the ambient air temp is.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert