gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

MIchael,I have a 96 Winnebago Brave (Ford 460) it has

Customer Question

Hi MIchael,
I have a 96 Winnebago Brave (Ford 460) it has two issues. First and foremost, the AC is malfunctioning. I have checked the low pressure line when the compressor was on and the Freon was right in the middle of the PSI range. The low pressure line gets cold and the exchange box begins to drain after a few minutes of running. However, the registers never become cold and will only send air through the defrost registers. I checked the vacuum lines that affix to the back of the controls and there does not appear to be any vacuum and actuators do not move. My other issue is that the electric stairs stopped working. They appear to be receiving current because the fuse is intact and there is a click when they should be engaging. I looked underneath and there are no outward appearances of malfunction. I trained in auto mechanics some time ago, but these type of issues have always been my weak point. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for long delay.
I see you requested Michael would you like to wait for him or would you like assistance now?
Let me know