gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

The drivers side cooling fan will not shut off, replaced all

Customer Question

The drivers side cooling fan will not shut off, replaced all sensors and the big relay on the core support and the engine light is on i can't use my OBD2 where do u hook up to check the light that is on. How can I find out what the light is on for. Working on a 1995 Winnebago Rialta VW with a 2.5 gas engine. The plug for plugging in your computer in changed in 1996
Category: RV
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 1 year ago.
Hi, have you tried tracing the power to the fan backwards to see where the power is coming from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fans go to the relay and the 12volts from the relay goes back to the battery I thought you know the system, I have had it to a garage and what about the rest of my question on the light that is on. All the sensors have been replaced. The relay is new
Holly Cow! The same units are build with their own differences. We are here to try and help folks. I am going to bow out and let some one else take a shot. Happy trails.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my money back I will take it to a VW dealer I have already taken it to two other garages and they couldn't figure it out either, money wasted. I am sure the dealer will know, I already wasted another day waiting to hear an answer from u guys, but no luck