Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Itasca Nation with slide out problem. It stuck once

Customer Question

I have a Itasca Nation with slide out problem. It stuck once on a vacation in the out position, I pulled the motor reinstalled it and it worked fine for a while then a couple of weeks latter it would only open the slide out part way then stopped. It is as if the electronic brake in the motor is not releasing, first off is it an out of sinc issue? if so how do I resinc the 2 motors? Can I test the brake with the motor out of the motorhome? If so how do I test the brake? I tested the motor and it is working fine.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Sorry for the delay...
Normally what you could do is release the brake on each motor and then crank the room in and then set the brakes and the room should be in sync, it appears your issue is that one of the motors is not releasing. Below is a link for you that will take you to service documents for troubleshooting, look at the for dual motor and testing. It appears if the brake will not release the motor is bad.
It should also provide you a link for the service manual which might help out as well. Copy and paste that link into your browser.... Sorry for the delay, hope this helps... Robert
http://www.powergearus.com/fleetwood-tech-library