Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 2015 Coachman Leprechan motor home and the engine

Customer Question

We have a 2015 Coachman Leprechan motor home and the engine battery will not stay charged and we have to jump start it every 4 to 5 days. We have had it at the dealer and they say its not their problem it's Ford. We took it to a Ford dealer, they put in a new battery and kept it for 4 days and said there was no draw. After we brought it home it dyed after 5 days. What can be wrong with it
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Really hard to say what is causing the draw, something has to be drawing on the battery to cause it to go dead that fast. one solution to this wold be to install a manual battery disconnect at the battery, most RV parts stores sell the disconnects.
It would be impossible for me to say where the draw was coming from, there is a simple test you can try but I might stay on the dealer over this as this is not a normal condition and it should be covered under warranty. At least they can do install some type of disconnect switch for you.... Robert
IF you want to see for your self if you have a draw please let me know... Robert