gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 9100 series three way Norcold refrigerator in my rv.

Customer Question

I have a 9100 series three way Norcold refrigerator in my rv. I cools on LP but not on AC. The LP light is on on manual. The AC light is when I manually switch but it does not cool. What might the problem be?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, does the refrigerator give you any error codes? thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error codes are showing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could it be a fuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael Reush, where are you? I am waiting for an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Send a response to my email. I have things to do and will check back for your response later.
Hi, It could be a fuse on the control module, go to the back of the refrigerator, and locate the control module, plastic box where all of the wires go.............unplug the refrigerator from the outlet, Now take the lid off of the box.........you will see a glass fuse, test it....if its bad, replace if not.....put it back in, now plug the refrigerator back in.......You need a voltmeter to test further.................you will see wires going into the heat stack, yours as its a 3 way has 2 sets of 2 wires unplug the wires at the control module, 1 set at at time, and test for continuity with your voltmeter....they should show continuity, if they are open one or the other is bad, and needs to be replaced........If they prove good, test for voltage at the terminals they connect to when the refrigerator is turned on elect......Michael..........please get back to me for clarification if necessary,,,thanks