Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an rm 3862 dometic fridge. The gas lights but I have

Customer Question

I have an rm 3862 dometic fridge. The gas lights but I have a very large yellow flame and the check light comes on after it shuts down.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
This sounds like it could be an issue with the gas orifice or a LP pressure issue. I would remove the orifice and soak it in alcohol to see if that helps. The next step would be to make sure you have good DC voltage going into the circuit board, if the voltage is good I would have a RV shop check the LP pressure at the back of the fridge to make sure it is good. A manometer is required to test the pressure and most RV shops will have that tool. Below is a service manual for you that should help out, copy and paste that link into your browser... Hope this helps some... Robert
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/domser.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will clean the orifice tomorrow. I have some 90% isopropyl alcohol would that work? I am pretty sure the pressure and dc volts are ok. I just don't use the RV enough.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is fine, do not stick anything in the hole, also blow out the burner tube really good, some times bugs and debris can get in and cause these types of issues, that comes to mind if it has not be used in awhile.
Hope this helps, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating... Robert