Larry Welch
Larry Welch,
Experience:  Master RV Tech at Hickory RV
81671807

Did my 1997 damon intruder come with a inverter. something

Customer Question

did my 1997 damon intruder come with a inverter. something is draining my batteries
Category: RV
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 1 year ago.
Hi Larry here. I will need the complete info on the RV. That is an option on most except on the larger Coaches. I can help you to determine if yours have one and possibly point you to the drain, if you like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any ideas on the drain
A drain is a difficult problem to locate. Which batt(s) are being drained? Is the unit plugged in and to what amps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the control panel it goes from 12 volts to nine volts in a couple of hours and we were not using anything. we were camping no electric sites.
Are you running the gen? Sounds to me that you are running down the house batts. Are you running any 120vac appliances?
A/C, microwave, ect, or are you just running overhead lights, radio ect?
I know these questions are aggravating but they are necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
running gen to charge battery,
Both, batteries from the house and the chassis require refreshing. Your gen is recharging these. You are "dry camping". The inverter is pulling of the batteries and the inside lights, ect. are pulling off of them. If no input to the batteries is available, they all will die. Your only draw is what you are using. You must replace what you use, if not plugged in. If this has helped you, please take the time to rate the time we have spent together. If you need further info, please contact me. Happy Trails