Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Class c rv steps will not retract.

Customer Question

class c rv steps will not retract.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Have you tried to start the engine and release the parking brake and put the unit in drive, the steps should have drive away protection and will run in.
IF that does not work I would access the step motor underneath and apply voltage direct to the motor wires, the motor should want to run in or out, if nothing happens swap the jumper wires, if you still get no movement then bad motor.
If the step moves jumping it direct check for voltage going to the control box, if you have voltage going into the control box and it is not moving bad control box.
IF you have NO voltage to the control box check all your fuses, look near the battery for an in-line fuse on a smaller gauge wire...
Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert