gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I'm having the same problem... my water hose is hooked straight

Customer Question

I'm having the same problem... my water hose is hooked straight to my grandmother's spicket on the side of her house... when we open up the other valve on the splitter the water works in my camper till you turn it off.. once you try to turn it on again it won't work
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the problem your having is that the check valve in the city water hook up where you attatch the hose, opens once, then wont open again, you need to remove the city water fill, and take the campers plumbing of it, and then test to see for sure this is whats happening.........If so you need to replace the valve.......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand what your saying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has worked fine for a week now today it started doing this
Hi, where the hose connects to the camper, there is a check valve, that allows water only to flow in and not out. this valve can become stuck shut,,,,,,,,,,,,,,