Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

When I start engine fuel Guage always reads half full 1 minute

Customer Question

When I start engine fuel Guage always reads half full 1 minute later it goes all the way to full holiday rambler 2004
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
This could be a ground issue or an issue with the sender, the sender will sit on top of the tank, what I would try and do is access the sender and check all the wires on the sender, make sure the ground is tight. Normally the sender will fail more then the dash gauge so I would also check the wires on the gauge.
The bad news, on some you have no access to the sender unless you drop the tank down, it can be a project to get at it. On some Monaco's, they had an access panel on the side of the fuel tank in a storage compartment, if you do not see that then the tank will have to be dropped. Many of these Monaco's also used the Centriod senders, I will include a link for you on that. Copy and paste that into your browser..... Hope this helps... Robert
http://www.centroidproducts.com/tableofc.htm