Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My country coach allure 1999 slide will not retract. I know

Customer Question

my country coach allure 1999 slide will not retract. I know where the winch is and how to use it but do I need to do anything to the motor before I do this? I think the hydraulic elect part doesn't work because the computer does not recognize that the air brake is engaged.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Most likely it is a HWH system if you have the winch. All you need to do is go to the where the pump manifold is located and you will see some solenoid valves, the solenoid valves will have wires going to them, on the end of the solenoid will be a small nut OR T handle, open the nuts about 4 full turns and this will take the pressure off the room and will allow you to crank it in, once you open the correct solenoid you might also see the room to creep in. I believe the nut is 1/4" so you will need a nut driver. Once the room is in shut the solenoid valves and you are good to go. Sometimes the room can be pushed in with a few people as well.....
Also for the parking brake issue, I would find the HWH control box and make sure no fuses are blown inside of it...
Hope this helps some... Robert