Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have no 12 volt power in the cabin. I turned the disconnect

Customer Question

I have no 12 volt power in the cabin. I turned the disconnect switch by the door but still did not come on. I just changed all batteries and I am affraid maybe as I was changing the batteries i may have touched the positive and negative and burned a fuse or something
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sorry for the delay...
This could be an issue with the disconnect solenoid. When you hit the switch inside it should trigger a solenoid valve, sometimes the relay inside the solenoid valve can stick and when this happens you will get NO DC voltage inside. SO try and hit the switch and listen for a click, that would be the solenoid, if you can not locate the solenoid by sound follow the house battery cables and it will lead to it. Once you find the solenoid check for power on the LARGE posts, if you have voltage on one side and not the other get an insulated wires and jump the posts and see if power comes on, if so bad solenoid, sometimes tapping them will also help.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
IF you have no power at all to the solenoid trace the cable back to the battery and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where os the solenoid? i could not find it?? which cable do i follow?? there are many cables from the batteries.
also which breaker?? where are the breaker on this 2000 allegro bus?? do u have a picture of the solenoid??
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Sorry for the delay I am on PST....
Hard for me to say location of the solenoid, sometimes it is near the battery, I was hoping you could hit the switch and hear it click. The main battery cable will lead to the solenoid. Below is a link for you, copy and paste that into your browser it will give you an idea of what you are after, IF you still need more help please let me know, I will put your question back up for other experts... Robert
Link...
http://windsurf.mediaforte.com/roadtrek/wiring/5322019100.pdf