gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

1995 rialto power steering pulley sits to far forward will

Customer Question

1995 rialto power steering pulley sits to far forward will no line up with crank belt on ps keeps getting one groove on top of front side of pulley
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Inspect the power steering pump itself and see if it is mounted properly to the engine brackets.I have seen in some cases before where one or more shims are missing that causes this here and this sounds to be the cause here on your model possibly.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have looked at that see no room for spacers
O.k.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.
Have you considered that someone may have put the pulley on the pump backwards? The offset will be different in that case.
Your Rialta has pretty much the same engine as my 93 Eurovans.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I thought of that. I looked at pulley and the make of back side of pulley looks so indifferent that I didn't pull it off
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to take a look at one of my vans later and see if I can get some better insight into how it can be off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you l have sent to shop