Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

When ac reaches desired temp and cuts off, it will not restart

Customer Question

When ac reaches desired temp and cuts off, it will not restart unless I turn thermostat power off and then turn the power back on to the thermostat. I have replaced the thermostat and it still does the same thing, It is a Dometic roof top travel trailer ac
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, sorry for you troubles, the airconditioner has a control module that the thermostat controls . remove the ceiling panel to access.....Once you turn it on initially, and the ac reaches shut off temp, the control board uses a secondary circuit and is controlled by the thermostat..........Unfortunatly the control has failed , and you will need to replace it to resolve your issue...........There is a part number on it, please get back to me for clarification if necessary,,,,,,,,thanks Michael