Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2000 Monaco Signature which is having a house power problem.

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Monaco Signature which is having a house power problem. No power to refrigerator, water pump, panel lights, water gauges, etc. The microwave clock and light is the only thing that works. The green battery maintainer light does not go on with shore power or generator. My first thought was that the solenoids were stuck. I hit them with a hammer with no response. I rebooted the inverter with no response. Any ideas? Replace house solenoids?
Thank you,
Ed
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
What I would do is find the house battery solenoid,sometimes if you hit the switch you can hear it click, if you can not id it by sound follow the battery cable to the solenoid. Once you find the solenoid check for power on the LARGE posts on the solenoid, if you have power on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if power comes on. If so bad solenoid, IF you have no power at the solenoid trace the cable back to the battery and make sure you do not have a breaker in-line that is tripped. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my question. I was hoping for an answer yesterday. Today I am going to a mechanic.Thank you.