Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Just inside my RV there are two switches having to do with

Customer Question

Just inside my RV there are two switches having to do with the batteries. I don't know when they should be on or off. It appears at this time that they are in the middle and are neither on or off.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
They sound like the disconnect switches, when the RV is not in use they should be turned OFF, this prevents any drain on the batteries when you are not using the unit. IF you are plugged into power and want the 12 volts inside they should be turned on. IF they are in the middle then it could be a momentary switch you push up or down and the switch would return to the middle... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert