Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an Apollo 1/2 Time Oven

Customer Question

I have an Apollo 1/2 Time Oven in a 2005 Coachmen Concord B+ and it is above the range. I need to replace turntable motor. Can the unit come out of the housing without removing the entire unit? Can't see where unit plugs into wall. There is a small panel above unit with 3 screws. Does this have to be removed to get access? I removed the 4 screws on the plastic surround and removed the vent cover, but could not tell how to remove the unit itself or housing and all!!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sorry for the delay, I see no other experts have responded. I can share my experience from removing microwaves in RV'S but it is not specific to your model.
To start I would look directly above the microwave, if you have a cabinet feel for two or three screws running down into the microwave from the cabinet above, many times that is what holds the entire microwave in place. IF the microwave is sitting against the wall also remove the grease traps and see if they angled bolts in the wall bracket for it. Some will have a wall bracket so after the microwave is removed you have to pop it out of the bracket, you pull down on the top of microwave and then push up on the bottom to get it to release from the bracket. I would try and remove the entire microwave for the repair, it would be better to do this on the bench...... Hope this helps some... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** any help for my specific convection oven. Nothing relates to the way this looks.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Understand, I can put your question back up for other experts, I was trying to be helpful because nobody else has responded. IF it gets to the point nobody else responds let me know and I can request a refund for you, we want you to have a positive experience...
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a builder and have installed microwaves, but don't know much about RV appliances, as this is new to us. I took the surrounding grill cover off and could see around the unit but could not see how it was mounted. I took the screws out of the bottom panel and all this exposed was the fan and lights and the bottom of the unit itself, but no access to inside bottom of unit to get to turntable motor. I know the Apollo was used a lot in the older RV's. Hopefully someone can answer, or yes, a refund would be great. Thanks for helping. David
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
IF I find anything out I will jump back in, otherwise just let me know and I can request that for you. I enjoy trying to help out and sometimes it is a challenge online... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, could you request a refund for me? I was hoping someone could help with this as many Apollo ovens are out there, but I will keep investigating. Thanks for helping.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I will get that going for you....
Robert