Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 2012 Cougar travel trailer. Since we've bought

Customer Question

Hi. We have a 2012 Cougar travel trailer. Since we've bought it we've had issues with toilet paper and waste building up from the black water tank up to the toilet. It won't move, doesn't resolve itself when the tanks are flushed and is causing major issues for my young family. How do we fix this problem? Is there a way to avoid it happening? Is the black water tank too shallow?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
A few things to look at first and most important you want to let the tank get to 3/4 full before dumping, gravity will do all the work. Also I would get up on the roof and check the vent pipe,the abd piping will be under a vent cap, the piping should be sticking up a few inches below the roof line, if the piping fell back into the tank it would be an issue with draining, the tank needs to vent properly to drain. Make sure no debris is on top of the vent pipe as well, sometimes leaves, small rodents can make nests under the vent cap so make sure that is clear and clean. Next what I might do is get a back flusher that hooks up to the discharge piping, moist RV places sell them, sometimes where the gate is located on the discharge valve it can start getting build up, this will help clear anything. I might also use a spray wand down the toilet into the piping from the tank to toilet and make sure that is clear. I do not think the tank is to shallow, they are pretty standard in the gallon capacity. Hope this gives you some ideas, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert