Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My air conditioner is a carrier air v in my travel trailer

Customer Question

my air conditioner is a carrier air v in my travel trailer and the unit just shuts off without warning then if you wait for some time you can turn it back on
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main shore cord?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
To start off on this I would be checking both the AC and DC voltage. The AC unit requires both DC and AC voltage to work. Check the connections at the AC unit make sure nothing is loose. I would also get up on the roof, remove the shroud and make sure everything is clean and check for any loose connections. This could be a number of items causing this and it may not be a simple fix, it could be a circuit board issue, capacitor etc. I might have a RV shop inspect this to see which component is failing. IF this is something you want to troubleshoot yourself below is a service manual for you... Hope this helps... Robert
Link below for service manual, copy and paste into browser, it is a PDF file....
http://megaholod.net/offers_articles/carrier/0007.pdf