Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We recently bought a Thor Jazz 30 ft 5th wheel trailer from

Customer Question

We recently bought a Thor Jazz 30 ft 5th wheel trailer from a private sale.
I cannot get the water system to work. It was drained 2 years ago and has sat since. I filled the rear tank, connected a hose to the city water connection and turned on the pump. The pump works but no water out of any faucet. Nothing. I opened the valve outside at the hot water heater and no water. I tried both horizontal and vertical positions on the water valve under the sink too.
Can you help please??
JIm in Alberta
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
First I would go to the back of the water heater, most set ups will have a cold, hot and bypass, the hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe. The bypass should be closed or valve handle against the pipe. When you are hooked to city water the pump can be off, when running from the tank turn the pump on.
IF the water heater is empty it can take several mins. for the water heater to fill, open a faucet and and see if you feel air coming out, if so the water should follow. Also make sure you have good voltage at the pump, if the voltage was low the pump might run but not produce water. I might also crack the outlet on the pump to bleed any air out. Crack the fitting briefly turn the pump on and then tighten the fitting.
If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, Should I expect water pressure from the city water connection even without the pump on?Jim
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Yes you should have water pressure as soon as you hook up to city water, that is until the water heater fills up. Sometimes you will find a valve near the connector that allows you to run from tank water. IF you find any valves they are open when they are running with the pipe.... Robert