Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

My coach/battery disconnect switch in the stairwell of

Customer Question

Hi, my coach/battery disconnect switch in the stairwell of my 2002 R-Vision Condor will not go to the off/store position
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, is the switch a manual switch, or when you press it do you hear a 'click' then the power comes on, and is there a switch for the engine battery, and the coach battery? thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is a manual switch (use/store) and there are 2 switches one each for coach and chassis. I do not hear click, both indicator lights are lit and won't go out.
Hi, first I need you to go to the solenoids that these switches operate then we will do some testing. they look like this photo, thanks let me know when you have located them normally under front hood or at the battery location
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motorhome is currently in summer storage about 30 miles away, so I do not have access to it right now.
thanks I will forward you the troubleshooting manual so you can test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I will review and see what I can do and get back to you, thank you. How do I get back to you ?
Hi, be sure and have a voltmeter with you when you go. Leave this response unanswered, and use it when your ready..........Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael, I checked everywhere and I cannot find the solenoids, not next to the engine battery, not anywhere in the engine compartment, not near the house batteries nor in the compartment where the inverter is ???
go to the engine battery or house battery, and follow the positive wire, thanks