Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 95 bounder36 foot I believe. new to me.. furnace

Customer Question

I have a 95 bounder
36 foot I believe. new to me.. furnace worked a month ago but now there is no power to either thermostat .am I missing a switching or something simple other problem is no water coming out of any hot water side of faucets hot water tank full pressure .on cold wateat relief and cold side no water at all on hot side of any faucet
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Do you have a digital thermostats? What does is say on the thermostat and how many buttons are on it?
What is the make and model of the water heater?
Normally we answer per issue but I will try and help on both...
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
digital thermostats nothing shows like I am missing a on switch somewhere elsedon't know brand of hot water heater but if I turn hot water bypass valve halfway I think it works right but that doesn't seem correct
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
First on the thermostat check your fuses in the main house fuse box, if they are all good I would access the circuit board for the AC unit, that will be under the inside cover and will have a metal box that comes down and inside the box is a 3 amp fuse. On other set ups the circuit board is under the roof shroud and will be in a metal box with a cover, on the board you might see some dip switches, make sure you turn the breaker off when inspecting, check all the connections as well.
For the water heater normally you will have a hot, cold and bypass. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed, valve handle running against the pipe.
IF you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are shut off, have seen some strange things when they are left open.
Finally many water heaters will have a check valve that screws into the back of the port on the tank. It will be plastic or brass and be about 4" long, it just looks like a straight pipe, sometimes when the check valve fails the disc and spring can fall out and block the flow of water, IF you see that you can remove it and see if water is restored....
Hope this helps some, IF you still need help I would need the make and model of bothe the AC unit and water heater.... Robert