Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I am changing my tank as it burst over winter. But I am having

Customer Question

I am changing my tank as it burst over winter. But I am having troubles putting on the rings that hole the tank and the burner/ electronic face on. Is there an easy fix or alternate method to holding them tank and board together?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi , from your description I believe you are changing the tank on your waterheater, and are having difficulty putting the rings supplied on that tie the tank to the front face, is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am not sure how to push them into place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas or alternate means to hold them on?
As you can see this can be a chore, you must work them onto the tank stems. I use a punch and hammer, wd 40 to lube the rings on, the trick is to begin to get them on, You can use large hose clamps, but they get in the way of the other components, As there is really no pressure on this attatchment point you CAN cut the ring install it, and use JB weld to hold it in place.................I feel your pain...........Michael