Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I can't get water to flow using the on board pump. The pump start

Customer Question

I can't get water to flow using the on board pump. The pump starts to run as soon as I turn it on whether a valve is open or not but I don't get any water flow. This is our first 5th wheel and I'm also confused about the fresh water holding tank and the two valves in the fresh water/hot water tank area, I believe one is a water heater bypass but I don't know about the other one.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
To start make sure you have good DC voltage at the pump, if the voltage was low the pump might run but not produce water. IF you have an inlet strainer on the pump make sure it is clear.
Normally the water heater will have a hot cold and bypass valve, the hot and cold should be open (valve handle running with the pipe) and the bypass shut, valve handle against the pipe. It will take a few mins for the water heater to fill up if you open a faucet you should feel air before the water starts to come out.
I would also crack the outlet on the pump briefly turn the pump on and then tighten it back up want to make sure the pump is not air bound.... Hope this helps some... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi There

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Robert