gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 1966 or 67 Yukon Wilderness by Fleetwood. It is a

Customer Question

I have a 1966 or 67 Yukon Wilderness by Fleetwood. It is a pull behind type and I do not have a manual. I have new batteries that have been installed and i am not sure which pole to but the ground on. My 20 yr.old son (who works for Toyota as an apprentice mechanic) said to put it on the positive pole with the red cord. The positive, red cord also needs a new fuse an d I don't know the size. Can you help me with these questions please?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I dont quite understand your question , and want to resolve your issue. please expand a bit, thanks. Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an old camper and am trying to get it usable. I have purchased 2 12v batteries and need to hook them up. The are 3 wires red/positive, black/negative and white ground. I just left the RV shop after purchasing boxes for the batteries and some fuses, I was told the small square thing that hangs on the pos. line needs a fuse. I dont know what amp.10, 15 20? There is a ground line that needs to be on either the pos. pole or neg. pole. The tech at the camper shop didn't know and said it varies with each. With no manual and minimal knowledge I saw your add and responded. I go by Anne by the way. Thanks.
thanks, ***** ***** two 12volt batteries need to be hooked up in parallel pos to pos, neg to neg...............then attatch the negative wire from the coach to the negative terminal on the battery (black) also put the white negative wire onto the negative post, then put the red positive on the positive post on the battery. Now is this a glass fuse holder or is the square box a circuit breaker? circuit breaker looks like this