Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

1999 rexhall rexair front slide out extends real slow. but

Customer Question

1999 rexhall rexair front slide out extends real slow. but will retract at normal speed.the hyd. tank was empty i filled it. all jacks and rear slide out work fine. there seems to be preasure on the line when trying to extend.but moves real. real slow.could i have a air lock?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Do you happen to know if this a HWH system? If you go to the pump/motor do you see some solenoids (they will have two wires going to each solenoid) with a T handle or small nut on the end of the cap? Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not sure what HWH system is but there there is solenoid and t handles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are 3 solenoids w t handles
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Most likely it is a HWH system if you have the T handles. Try this, hit the switch a few times each way and and have someone feel the solenoids, when you have the right one it will click or vibrate when the room is moving. Once you get the proper solenoids open the T handles about 4 full turns and briefly run the pump for about 5 seconds, shut the solenoids and see if the room runs correctly. I would open the extend solenoid first and try... That should help get the air out. IT is also possible the solenoid is bad, what you can do is swap the wires on the solenoid and see if the problem changes, you will have to hit retract to get the room to extend and vice versa. IF it retracts slowly then bad solenoid valve.... Hope this helps some.... Robert
Also when you open the solenoid the room might want to creep in or out depending on which solenoid was opened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks i will try this and get back later if this does not work thanks Al
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
No problem, please feel free to contact me if needed, I am around daily and respond when I can, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry it took so long ive had problems. i think i found the right one and its moving slowly i have done it about 10 times. the solonoid gets a little hot when i keep trying it. is there good time and number to possibly call.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
If the solenoid has wires on it then you can try to swap the wires and then hit extended and it should retract. What you could also do is open up the T handles about 4 turns and then swap the solenoid with another and see if the problem changes....
I do not do phone service, lets see if we can get it resolved here...
Robert