gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My name is ***** ***** i recently purchased a 1989 fleetwood southwind. The generator p

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** ***** i recently purchased a 1989 fleetwood southwind. The generator power source wire has been connected to the tail light wire so parking lights must be on to run the generator. I would like to run a new wire directly to the house battery but what gauge wire would be appropriate and should i run a in line fuse near the battery. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance an kind regards
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
First of all I must say this is very odd. However run a 4 guage wire to the batteries, and no protection re: fuse ect. is required..................this is the normal factory installation..........And just to verify, you are talking about the wire that goes to the starter solenoid on the generator, if it something else , please let me know...Michael