gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Randall, I destroyed my Carrier AC RV unit attempting to get

Customer Question

Randall, I destroyed my Carrier AC RV unit attempting to get my wife into a hospital. Carrier no longer manufactures RV AC so I ordered a Coleman Unit with a wall mounted thermostat. I am having tgrouble wiring up the AC and Furnance can u help. The control modual inside the RV unit was also destroyed whe the Carrier unit was knocked off of the rv.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.
Hi, did your carrier have a wall thermostat or did it use a remote with a receiver in the ac?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike it had a remote in the AC that controled both the ac and heater. The coleman is a wall thermostat.

thanks, ***** ***** either run wires from the thermostat OR use colemans ceiling plentium with manual controls for vented ceilings, with that how can I help you with your issue. Michaelhttp://www.rvproductsshop.com/8330-763-manual-ducted-adb-cool-wht.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael I need to run wires and like i indicated I am not sure the wires that I have to run hook up to the coleman plentium. The control module only has B-, yellow, white, gray, green terminal and the wires I run will have to hook- splice into these wires in order to work with the thermostat.

Thanks, ***** ***** this manual and tell me which thermostat you have or please give me the part number thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike, it is a Coleman Mach 7330-335,,7330-336 or 7330-385 wall thermostat (taken from the Installation Instructions for these models)The wires running from the furnace to the control area module that I am having trouble with are 1 White #(18)? stranded, 1 grey # (18)? stranded, and (1red,1white solid in separate cable) smaller than the white and grey. I believe the red and white may have gone to the carrier control panel and operated the red LED for the wirless thermostat control. All or ? of these wires I need to splice into the Colman controls.

I hope this helps.

Unfortunatly, the field wiring of the coach to the control unit area is done by the coach manufacturer and no schematics are available..............You will need go re-purpose the wires that run from the thermostat area with the new thermostat. you need to decide which to use for what purpose........ I do see in the schematic for carrier that to the original control in the ac the wires were blue (2) hopefully they were cut in a fashion that you can recognize them. the wires running to the furnace are two each, one having 12v+, once you locate it, by touching and passing power to the other furnace wire, the furnace should come on. You may want to go to the furnace itself to see what the wires look like that come from it to the ac