Larry Welch
Larry Welch,
Experience:  Master RV Tech at Hickory RV
81671807

I have a Dometic portble Ice Maker HZB-15/s it runs but wont

Customer Question

I have a Dometic portble Ice Maker HZB-15/s it runs but wont fill the resevore with water. there is water in the discharge side of 12v pump but not pumping. Have any thoughts on what it could be printed circuit board or pump maybe?
Category: RV
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Larry here. Actually that's not a pump but a valve. It needs a signal of 12vdc in order to open, water pressure from either city(park) water, and a good ground. I would also check the screen located where the supply line connects to the vale. It's very common for those to stop up. Happy Trails
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ice maker is not hooked to city water it is a portable you put water in the Tank! It has a 12 volt pump in it im a electrician and see that on the schematic so you need to give me a better answer then that!
Well, I will step aside and let someone else try.