Joe
Joe, RV Technician
Experience:  Associates Degree in Automotive Technology , 18+ years as RV and Commercial Bus Technician
20245751

I have a 2003 Winnebago Sightseer. I cannot get the RV to move

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Winnebago Sightseer. I cannot get the RV to move at all. the "exclamation light and the parking brake lights stay on. I have pushed the "yellow diamond" parking brake switch to off , but when the RV is in drive, all that happens is that the engine revs,but RV does NOT move. I checked the level of the trans fluid and it was normal. I was told that it's possible that the Parking brake is still engaged.
Category: RV
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Joe
I will assume that your coach is built on a Workhorse chassis with the auto-park braking system.
There is an electric pump that releases the park brake cable via a hydraulic cylinder when the shift selector is moved to drive position.
If the park brake doesn't release,then the hydraulic fluid may have leaked out, or there may be an electrical problem where the pump wont run.
First locate the park brake pump reservoir, and verify the proper fluid level. If the fluid is gone, then there is a leak that must be repaired.
If the pump does not run with key on, engine off, and shifter in drive, then there are electrical issues.
-Joe