gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

WE have a 2004 Rockwood fifth wheel camper, the air conditioner

Customer Question

WE have a 2004 Rockwood fifth wheel camper, the air conditioner will come on only at coldest setting. If I try to adjust it shut off. on try to restart it clicks and trips circut breaker. How to fix?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the problem you are having is that the thermostat is bad, and needs to be replaced. And the airconditioner is 'short cyceling' when you its on and off quickly, this is due to the compressor having extreme pressure while running, then shuts off, and the pressure cant equilize for its next time on. Normally once the thermostat is satisfied, it takes a while for it to 'call for' the compressor to come back on, allowing it to equilize pressure. the compressor is drawing too many amps trying to start when loaded up..................please get back to me for clarification...thanks Michael