Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2004 winnebago brave ford chassis intermittant "won't start&

Customer Question

2004 winnebago brave ford chassis intermittant "won't start" all gauges and indicators go blank no power to in dash stereo
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Electrical issues like this can be time consuming and difficult to pin down. What I would do on this is get a 12 volt test light which will allow you to very easily check for power. Turn the ignition on and start at the starting battery, check your cables and connections and the main ground to the frame, make sure it is clean, follow the cable to the main chassis fuse box, you should have one fuse box inside on the firewall in front of the steering column, on the Fords they have a fuse block under the drivers dash, most have a panel that swings up or has a few screws you have to take out. The RV manufacturer will also install another fuse box with chassis related items under the front engine access. Use the test light and probe for power with the ignition ON... Look for any plug connectors that might be loose or corroded, sometimes they will bundle a bunch of 12 volt wires and use a male and female plug they can also be in the dash area... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert