gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a dometic rm 2601 gas/electric fridge and it works fine

Customer Question

I have a dometic rm 2601 gas/electric fridge and it works fine on electric but I can not get it to run on gas. The ignition light that should light up and then go out once the fridge is lit does not ever light up, nor do I hear the clicking of the lighter trying to ignite when I hold in the button. I have checked the fuses on the panel and do not see a problem there and as of yet have not located an inline fuse for it. can you help me
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, were going to look into the gas side of operation, I'll be right back, while I access the specifics on your refrigerator, thanks
first of all go to the back of the refrigerator, and you will see a white wire terminal the holds two wires to it, and two from it, ck to see if there is 12 volts there, your refer will work on ac without 12volt power, but wont light on gas without it. this is the first thing to check, thanks