Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Michael, I have a 1998 wilderness with a slider. A few

Customer Question

Hi Michael, I have a 1998 wilderness with a slider. A few years ago it stopped working. We had an electrician friend come over and put a jumper on the motor that ran to the battery. We would like to sell the trailer and should probably get the issue fixed. The problem is I can't figure out what needs to be fixed. It works with the jumper, but once I reconnect it, the switch inside won't work. I've replaced the switch and the junction under the front bed with all the colored wires. Nothing seemed to make a difference. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** for the delay...... If you replaced the control box for the slide-room and switch I would be looking on the battery cable for a tripped breaker. Many times the slide-room is wired directly to the battery so make sure the battery voltage is good, follow the cable and look for a breaker, the breaker would have two posts on it and as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery. Most will have a small tab that pops out when they trip, you also might have one for the converter or landing gear. The voltage across the posts should be very close. Not sure what else it could be with all the items that were replaced. IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert,
We replaced the auto reset breaker and still nothing. The battery is new as of Sunday and works with the jumper, so I don't think its that. do you have any other suggestions?Thanks,
Alex
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing I can think of is if your slide room has a controller and that would be be between the switch and motor. It would be hard for me to say exactly where it would be located, if you would like to try another expert please let me know... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By controller do you ran the circuit board? We've replaced that.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is what I was talking about, the power from the switch goes to the circuit board and then out to the motor then the motor gets it's power from the battery. I really am at a loss of what the problem could be I might take one more look where the cables enter the RV and make sure a breaker is not in that location. IF you like I can put your question back up for other experts, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert