peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have been having trouble with my 2005 Class C RV that is

Customer Question

I have been having trouble with my 2005 Class C RV that is on a Ford E450 chassis. My brake lights stop working. I took it to a Ford truck dealer and they surmised that there was a faulty wire between the multifunction switch on the steering wheel and the fuse box. They could not find the short so they ran a jumper wire from the multifunction switch to the brake pedal wire. Seemed to work. When I took the RV back to storage I put the RV in park, put in the code, then it would not come out of park. I fooled around for a few minutes then I notice that when I stepped on the brake pedal I notice the display on my electronic brake controller for the trailer did not light up. I manually slid the switch on the controller, saw the light on the controller come on and the it would come out of park. Any I ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a possible fault with the brake pedal position switch itself or wiring to this switch.I would have this checked/tested to see if this switch needs replaced.I have had to replace this switch on several models in the past before for issues like this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turns out it was a blown fuse. I am always concerned when a fuse blows for no reason. I will keep monitoring the situation.
If the fuse continues to short out you might see if the brake switch is the cause here.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help if you like.
Thanks Pete