sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Fiat ducato 1.9jtd: . I have a 2003 1.9 jtd fiat ducato motorhome.

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2003 1.9 jtd fiat ducato motorhome. Been driving fine. I heard a clunk. Goes into gear but won't pull off. Engine running fine. I thought if the clutch has gone I wouldn't be able to select a gear while engine is running. What can it be ?
Category: RV
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The clutch can fail in a number of ways, not being able to get the trans into gear with the engine running is just one possible symptom.
If the vehicle will not move it is either a mechanical failure of the clutch, an internal transmission failure, or it could be a CV joint failure. The first thing I would do is inspect the CV shafts. If ok then the trans will need to be removed to physically inspect the clutch and then the trans if necessary.