spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a mechanic/ technician for over 30 years working on gas,diesel,engines drive train,and electronics.
65057319

Atwood RV furnace Mod. 8012-II ignites and burns -20

Customer Question

Atwood RV furnace Mod. 8012-II ignites and burns for 10-20 seconds producing heat then burner shuts down and blower keeps running, then after another 10-20 seconds cycle is repeated....over and over. Propane bottle is full, no line leaks, and exhaust looks clear and is venting. Furnace is 2003-04 model and has been used lightly...furnace looks new. What would cause this problem?
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** you for your question.What is happening is the control board is not sensing that the furnace is lit so the furnace shuts down and tries again 2 more times and locks out.Click here for your manual.The cause can be the control board or electrode. First unplug control board and clean contacts and retry.next if it does not work get board checked.I would remove control board and have tested at any RV repair shop they have a special tester,, if it ends up being control board shop around for best price.If control board checks out you would replace electrode,, refer to manual on page 8 for a picture of board and electrode. If you have questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist. Thanksspanky