Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a fleet wood prowler 5th wheel that the slide quit working

Customer Question

I have a fleet wood prowler 5th wheel that the slide quit working on. We just purchased the trailer and am not very familiar with it. The batteries are fully charged, the fuse is good and there is power at the switch and the switch energizes when pushed. The other fact is we just finished installing a slide topper
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** do not think the slide topper is the issue unless you can hear the motor running. Many of these sliderooms are wired directly to the battery. Verify you have over 11 volts at the battery, follow the cables and look for an auto breaker or in-line fuse. The auto breaker will have two posts on it, some are thermal and some have a small button that pops out when they trip, IF you see one the voltage should be the same on each post, normally they like to stick them 18" from the battery, could be on the frame. IF this is an all electric slide and not hydraulic the next step would be to go to the motor and jump direct to see if the slide room will move, if it does not move bad motor. IF you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert