Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My multi function thermostat that controls the main AC/HP and

Customer Question

My multi function thermostat that controls the main AC/HP and the gas furnace will only call the fan in the AC. If I change mode to the furnace it calls the fan in the AC unit.
Everything was working until I had to power down both the 50 amp AC and the 12 DC so that my Water heater could be replaced. When the water heater work was done and I was able to power back up to test the water heater the thermostat seemed to be confused and not work anymore other than to call the fan In the main AC.
When I get home from work in the morning I check the indoor temp and it is 10 degrees below what I set it for and the fan is running in the cool mode. When I get up before work it is hot and today the indoor temp was 84. The compressor never starts in the cool mode. In the furnace mode the AC fan starts. In Auto mode the AC fan runs. I don't use HP mode because I don't need the heat. I am working in Southern New Mexico so it is getting warm during day when I need to sleep.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** you describe the thermostat for me? Does it have a round read out in the center? Or does it have 5 buttons from top to bottom OR something else? There are dozens of thermostat that are out there.... Thanks, Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered a new Thermostat from Camping World
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Let me know if you need more help on this...
Robert