Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

Rv fridge old 3 way plugged into shoreline, pipe in back hot,

Customer Question

Rv fridge old 3 way plugged into shoreline, pipe in back hot, trailer battery is not charged, not connected to propane line. Suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Please expand on your question a bit, thanks
and please supply me with the model number thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just bought it. Plugged trailer into my house, been plugged in for 24 hours. Battery may be dead or not charged as there are no lights when I unplug the 110. Frig not cold at all. A pipe on the right side of the back of the frig was very hot. Frig is not connected to the propane line. Don't know how long since it's been used. Thanks
If the refer is of the era of the trailer, it does not require 12volts to operate, and can operate on 110v. The fact that its getting hot in the rear tells me that the 110v ac heater is on. you have run it for 24 hours, your cooling unit is either blocked or the ammonia has leaked out, Unfortunatly this is a worst case scenario, and because of the age of the refer, It needs to be replaced. sorry for the bad news, please get back to me if you would like to discuss this further. thanks Michael