Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

94 cummin automatic won't turn over. New batteries..dash lights

Customer Question

94 cummin automatic won't turn over. New batteries..dash lights and instruments ok. Had several truck mechanics scratch their head and leave. Please help me.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
The entire key to this is the transmission pad not lighting up, the engine needs to see neutral to start and with the pad dead it will not start. Go to the battery and look for a smaller gauge wire and follow it to see if there is a 10 amp in-line fuse that is blown, on these older units it was common to get power from the battery. Also you should have a control module for the transmission, inside that control box are some relays and two mini-fuses, make sure the fuses are not blown. Location will vary, I do not see that you indicated the make and model of the RV, but that box will have a cover and could be located near the batteries, in a storage compartment with other electrical components OR in the dash under the shift pad, the harness from the shift pad will go to the box. IF you have power to the fuses in the box then I would have an Allison dealer check it out... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert